Teaching and Learning Support Office
The Teaching and Learning Support Office is part of the Directorate for the Student Experience. Our primary role is to manage and facilitate the implementation of institutional strategy for excellence in teaching and learning and the Manchester student experience working with academic and administrative staff across the University. With an extensive portfolio of policy development and implementation, project support and delivery, monitoring and review work and significant student partnership activity we support the continuous enhancement of teaching, learning and the student experience.
For more details of our work, visit About Us
Faculty Teaching and Learning Offices and Non-Faculty Teaching Centres
The TLSO works in partnership with Faculty Teaching and Learning Offices and other teaching centres on areas such as policy development and implementation; monitoring and review of teaching and learning activity; and ensuring fair and consistent application of policies and regulations.
The Peer Support programme promotes student engagement in co-curricular activity across the University. The programme includes the coordination of peer mentoring and Peer Assisted Study Schemes, the facilitation of student feedback and consultations and celebration of student activity.
Appeals and Complaints
We manage the University level stages of Student Appeals and Complaints to ensure that our students are treated fairly and consistently in the application of regulations and policies.
Information about student Academic Appeals and Complaints and the associated forms and regulations can be found on the Academic Appeals, Complaints and Misconduct section of this website, or on My Manchester for students.
New and Updated Policies, Procedures and other documents
Recent new or updated policies or procedures include:
- Guidance for the Continuous Monitoring of the Undergraduate and Postgraduate Taught Student Experience and the Annual Review of Teaching and Learning - updated April 2017
- The Student Experience Action Plan (SEAP) template - updated April 2017
- The approval process for Joint Awards (for both UK and overseas awards) has been updated slightly - April 2017
- The programme amendment form has been updated slightly - April 2017
- Report to Senate 2015/16 of Student Complaints, Academic Appeals and Conduct and Discipline Cases - March 2017
- Updated Guidance and procedures for the quality assurance of Taught Collaborative provision - January 2017
- New Guidance on late submission, to accompany the Policy on Submission of Work for Summative Assessment - September 2016
- Assessment Framework document - updated to include the Guidance on late submission (above) - September 2016
- Revisions to the Undergraduate Taught Degree Regulations and the Postgraduate Taught Degree Regulations, from September 2016
- Guide to the Taught Degree Regulations - updated July 2016
- New Exam Board Toolkit for Chairs/Secretaries - May 2016
- Taught Degree Regulations Glossary of Terms - updated December 2015
- Revisions to the Guidance on External Examiner Procedures - February 2016
- Teaching, Learning and Student Experience Vision - introduced February 2016
- Annual Report to Senate of Student Appeals, Student Complaints and Student Discipline Cases 2014-15 - February 2016
- Revisions to Guidance for the Presentation of Taught Dissertations for UG and PGT Provision - January 2016
Information about current consultations on teaching and learning policy and procedure documents, can be found on our Consultations webpage: